Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Wuv, Twue Wuv

Two stories to tell you about witnessing marriage proposals over the weekend. The first one I witnessed firsthand. It happened Saturday night when Biscotti and I went to see the Dan Joffre improv show. Two audience members were brought up to do a scene. Eventually, the two of them were on stage alone, and the guy started getting all mushy and sentimental. Sure enough, he ended his monologue by presenting a ring. She said yes. It's the first time I've ever seen a proposal in person, other than my own.

That was going to be the big story of the weekend until I heard from my friend K. He called me on Sunday after he and K (yes, K & K) got back from their umpteenth trip to Paris. It started off with idle banter til he suddenly broke the news without warning. I almost missed it on my crackling phone. Readers of my blog, try to guess how he proposed. Remember, they were in Paris. (And by readers, I don't just mean Cher. I know there are more of you reading, just not commenting.. Wait, I changed that today. It's no longer "commenting", it's "sparking the glow"!)

Congrats to K & K on your engagement. As I've already told you, Biscotti and I are very happy for you both. Cheers.

5 comments:

cher said...

hmmmm. i'm gonna guess that he was in some cafe and got some guy to go over to his table and play the violin and then he got down on 1 knee and popped the question. to which, i am assumming, she said yes.

jblue said...

man, i am very unclear when it comes to proposal posts aren't i? k did propose to k in paris. k did say yes. as for how, i will wait a little longer to see if anyone else has any guesses before giving the answer. (k & k, and anyone whom i've already told, are ineligible to enter this prize-less contest)

Anonymous said...

. . . . WHAT?!

jblue said...

mattias, that is an incorrect guess, please try again.

jblue said...

alright, i guess there are no more guessers to do some guessing. it was on top of the eiffel tower; on top of the eiffel tower.