Saturday, December 24, 2005

Live

Sure it's Christmas eve and I should be doing other things at this time, but I saw an ad in a recent Georgia Straight which shocked and saddened me and I had to share it with you.

It was a huge ad, possibly full-page, announcing an upcoming Nickelback concert. That's bad enough. What's worse
is that they are able to have a concert at GM Place. What's even worse is that opening for them is the band Live. You have no idea how shocked I was at reading that. And saddened. Nickelback should not be headlining at a venue such as GM Place. They should be opening for Live. Live is partially to blame though.. From what I've heard of them since Throwing Copper, they haven't really built on their potential, although I do like The Distance to Here.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go listen to Throwing Copper straight through.. uhh, I mean go put on some Christmas music..


Merry Christmas everyone!

No comments: