Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Valentine's Day 2011

Yesterday was Valentine's Day. Biscotti and I had an enjoyable, low-key evening. Our children spent time with their maternal grandparents as the two of us went for dinner just the two of us, which is a rare event. We usually have either the kids or other friends/family with us, or both. After dinner we picked up the monkeys, took them home, tucked them in bed, then watched last night's How I Met Your Mother before firing up some first-season episodes of Glee. We watched all 3 episodes from disc 3 while heavy rain and thunder and lightning occurred outside. At 1 a.m. it was time to hit the sack.

My alarm was set for 7:45 this morning, allowing me time to get up and leave the house for a run before 8:25. I finally stood up at 8:07, and was putting on my running underpants when I realized it was garbage and recycling day, which meant putting our junk curbside by 7 a.m. - oops! I sped things up and was carrying the recycling to the curb as the truck was two houses from reaching us - phew! The garbage truck always comes a couple of hours later, so that was fine. The run was a Bellini-and-ribs heavy one, and there were many broken branches and a few downed trees cluttering the trails (oh right, that storm the night before), but I still managed to keep my time-to-distance ratio (also known as my pace, I guess) respectable.

No comments: