Saturday, October 27, 2007

BoSox Will Win

Here's why the Boston Red Sox will win the World Series this season - possibly tomorrow - and why I've known this since the early days of summer.

In 2004, Biscotti and I and my parents and brother were out east and saw a BoSox game at Fenway Park in Boston; it was the first time Biscotti and I had ever watched the BoSox play in person. They were playing the Toronto Blue Jays, August 16, 2004, and the BoSox won 8-4 to halt a losing skid and subsequently went on a tear to finish the season, ultimately winning the World Series for the first time in 86 years despite being down three games to none in the ALCS to the New York Yankees (and, in game four, the BoSox had been losing by a run in the bottom of the ninth before winning that game and the following three - still gives me chills).

I guess there was no curse, they just sucked for 86 years.

Which brings us to this season, in which Biscotti and I for the second time ever see the BoSox play in person. This time it was at Safeco Field in Seattle on June 26, 2007. The Seattle Mariners prevailed 8-7 in an extremely exciting game. So we see them in person in 2004 and they win the World Series for the first time in 86 years. Then for two years we don't see them and they don't win the World Series. Then in 2007 we see them in person again, it only follows that they'll win again to make me, Biscotti, and the BoSox two and oh. When the BoSox were down three games to one to the Cleveland Indians, I had no fear. Me, Biscotti, and the BoSox are an unbeatable trio.

No comments: