Sunday, January 15, 2006

Single Viewing

Last night. 6:30pm. Biscotti walks out the door. I have stubbornly refused to go see Harry Potter with her. It's not that I don't like the Harry Potter movies, I just didn't want to go see the latest release in the theatre when I've already gone to see the latest release in the theatre. And if Biscotti hadn't seen it yet, then I could've been convinced to go see it again. But it was Biscotti with whom I saw it. In the past, Biscotti had said that she wouldn't go see a movie by herself, it would just be too weird. "There's a first for everything" she stated last night. She saw it on the imax screen at Silvercity Riverport and says there were quite a few people there by themselves.

Reminds me of a friend of mine who was living in Colorado a few years ago. The movie American Beauty came out, and he was hearing rave reviews, so he decided to go see it solo-style. By the end, he couldn't figure out why the rave reviews, until he realized he had just watched a slightly different movie: American Pie.

How many of you would go see a movie by yourself?
Maybe some of you already have.

1 comment:

cher said...

I haven't, But I would for sure. I like my own company.